Deputy Volunteer Manager (DGSL)
We prepare young people with skills for life. But who supports the volunteers who make this happen? People like you our Group Scout Leaders along with their deputies.
You can inspire, motivate and plan ahead. You’ll enjoy working with adults and young people in your local area and seeing the impact of your efforts. You’ll be organised, diplomatic and know how to get the best of out people.
And because you believe in the power of Scouting to help more young people you’ll know it’s all worthwhile.
Appointed by: District Commissioner subject to the relevant Appointments Team approval process.
Responsible to: Deputy District Commissioner (People)
Responsible for: Deputy Group Scout Leader, Section Leaders, Assistant Section Leaders, Section Assistants
Main contacts: Section Leaders and their leadership teams in the Group, parents/carers of the young people in the Scout Group, Group Executive Committee members, sponsoring authority of the Group (if applicable), District Commissioner, Deputy District Commissioners, other Group Scout Leaders in the District.
Traning: You’ll be required to complete the getting started training within 5 months of appointment, and then work towards your managers and supporters wood badge training.
- Support the Group Scout Leader to develop the Group
- Assist in providing support to the Leaders in the Scout Group
- Support the Group Scout Leader in the recruitment of adult volunteers and young people
- Support a challenging, exciting and balanced programme
This role can be undertaken alongside another role if desired.
- An understanding of the needs of adult volunteers
- Flexible approach
- Able to work as part of a team and promote good teamwork
- Resourceful, energetic and enthusiastic about the job
- Acceptance of the fundamentals of the Scout Movement